CIS is committed to preparing students to succeed in college and beyond. As part of our commitment, we established the New Scholars Program and the Lion’s Scholarship Program to recognize current and new students at CIS.
New Scholars Program
The 2018-2019 New Scholars Program offers merit-based scholarships to new students entering CIS in grades 6 through 10 for half of the annual middle and upper school tuition. One scholarship is available per grade. CIS New Scholars possess the following qualities:
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Exceptional academic achievement;
- Commitment to citizenship, both local and global; and
- High moral character.
If you are interested in realizing the incredible opportunities and engaging in the intellectual challenges that a CIS education offers and would like to be considered for the New Scholars Program, please download the New Scholars application. Completed applications must be submitted with the admissions material by Friday, March 16, 2018, to be considered for the 2018-2019 New Scholars Program.
Lion’s Scholarship Program
The Lion’s Scholarship Program was created to award current, highly qualified Columbia Independent School students entering the upper school, a merit-based scholarship in the amount of $1,000. One to two scholarships per grade are available for students who apply and who are entering grades 9-12 for the 2018-2019 school year. In order to be considered for a Lion’s Scholarship, applicants must do the following:
- Return the deposit for the 2018-2019 school year by the January 31, 2018, deadline.
- Complete a Lion’s Scholarship essay and activities list and submit to the admissions office by February 9, 2018.
- Meet the guidelines for eligibility:
- Upholds a commitment to citizenship and the CIS community;
- Embodies and supports the mission of CIS; and
- Demonstrates leadership in academic, physical, or creative endeavors.
The scholarship would be in addition to financial aid a family might otherwise receive and is renewable annually as long as the student remains in good standing at CIS.