The admissions process is designed to help parents interested in CIS make the best educational decisions for their children. Most families start with a tour of our campus, during which you can see the school, chat with our admissions director, and ask any questions you might have. If you decide to apply, the admissions office will assist you through a sequential process that varies according to applicants’ ages and grades.
- Complete basic paperwork
- Complete and submit the application for admission with $50 application fee
- Submit the signed transcript request form (supplemental form 1) to the CIS admissions office
- Provide current teacher(s) with the teacher evaluation form(s). Students applying to Junior Kindergarten through 5th grade use supplemental form 2, while students applying to 6th-12th grades should give supplemental form 3 to their English teacher and supplemental form 4 to their math teacher. The teachers must mail, fax, or email the form(s) directly to CIS - we do not accept teacher evaluations submitted via parents.
- Complete the entrance exam. Only students applying for grades 6-12 should register to take the entrance exam through the admissions office.
- Complete a student interview and/or visit. Junior Kindergarten applicants may schedule an individual interview for early admission OR participate in our JK/K Ready to Roar Day on February 20, 2019. Kindergarten applicants will participate in our JK/K Ready to Roar Day on February 20, 2019. Applicants for grades 1st-12th will schedule an individual interview in conjunction with a half-day visit. Interviews and visits are scheduled through the admissions office.
Once all steps of the admissions process have been completed and required documents have been received, the admissions committee will review the material to decide whether the applicant is a good fit for CIS. You will be informed of the committee’s decision by letter or phone in a timely fashion.
If you have questions, please contact Director of Admissions Kari Dowell at (573) 777-9257 or firstname.lastname@example.org.